Xara has messy purple hair, pale skin, and dark brown eyes. She is first seen wearing a mask and straitjacket with a prisoner's outfit underneath. After escaping, she wears an orange prisoner jumpsuit.
Xara is a vengeful person, and often expresses hatred towards her enemies. She also seems to enjoy violence from time to time, as shown when she threatens to push Jesse in the lava as soon as she meets him/her. Though she acts hostile for the most part, she has a change of heart when she tries to get Jesse, Jack, Petra, Radar, and Nurm/Lluna out of The Sunshine Institute. She also tells Jesse she isn't much of a "people person" anymore (determinant). She doesn't show much empathy, which is shown when Jesse has to leave either Nurm or Lluna behind ("One of your silly companions can stay behind."). But this may be due to the fact that she was betrayed by Romeo many years before, and hasn't fully regained her trust of people.
- "Bold of you to come here, not knowing who you're dealing with."
- —Xara talking to Jesse, when they first meet. src
- Jack: "Where, uh, where's Nurm?"
- Xara: "Oh, your villager friend offered to take my place so my cell's booby traps wouldn't go off."
- —Xara to Jack, when he asks about Nurm's whereabouts. (Determinant) src
- "You might think so. But that's where we need to go... below the bedrock!"
- —Xara to Jesse's gang. src
- "Less talking, more stabbing."
- —Xara. src
- "You must really be something if you made him so mad. He almost never comes down here in person, except to put Warden's feet to the fire from time to time."
- —Xara to Jesse about Romeo's visits. src
- "I wonder if he even had a heart at all, or if he was a monster just pretending to play along."
- —Xara to Jesse, talking about Romeo. (Determinant) src
- "No, you're right. But Fred is dead because of his heart. Something else has to be tried."
- —Xara to Jesse. (Determinant) src
- "Whatever Fred found, he "hid it at home". That's what he told me."
- —Xara to Jesse. src
- "Years without sleep. YEARS! Only rest is at home, won't rest until I get there I said!"
- —Xara raging after finding her bed has disappeared. src
- She is voiced by April Stewart, known for her work on South Park voicing numerous characters.
- April Stewart also voices Cam.
- Xara is an Admin; she only has her powers taken away. She fought alongside Fred (another Admin, deceased), for the power of the world against Romeo. They both failed, resulting in Fred's death and Xara being sent to the Sunshine Institute.
- Xara first revealed that Fred loved birch after seeing the destroyed Oasis.
- It is the final question of Fred's trivia test.
- In "Below the Bedrock", when Xara arrives at her home to find her bed missing, a portrait can be seen on the wall of her in her Admin form standing alongside Fred and Romeo.
- Interestingly, unlike Fred and Romeo, she looks almost completely human.
- She and Ellegaard are somewhat alike; their hairstyles are similar and they were both engineers.
- Xara is also similar to Jane from The Walking Dead, also by Telltale Games. Both wear orange, both kill the secondary antagonist of Season 2 Episode 3 of their respective games by shooting them, and both abandon the group in Season 2 Episode 4 of their respective games. Both also claim to not be fond of other people.