This page contains information on a feature which is in Minecraft. Please visit the Minecraft Wiki for more information on the topic.
A Ghast and a Zombie Pigman in The Nether
|Location||In another dimension|
|Inhabitants||Several Nether Mobs|
- "That is a lot of lava. And fire. And other things that could burn you to death."
- —Olivia talking about the dangers of The Nether. src
The Nether is a hellish dimension, consisting of no natural light (all light comes from lava, fire, or glowstone), oceans and waterfalls of lava and most terrain consisting of netherrack and soul sand. It also contains Nether Fortresses made out of nether bricks. The nether is also the source for obtaining quartz and glowstone.
The Order built tracks in the Nether to go all over the place quickly. These were very useful in cases of emergency.
- In "The Order of the Stone", Jesse's Gang travels to the Nether to escape the Wither Storm.
- In "Assembly Required", Jesse and Olivia/Axel travel to Redstonia/Boom Town and back through the Nether.
- In "A Block and a Hard Place", Gabriel mentions that Ellegaard built a flying machine in the Nether. (Determinant)
- In "A Journey's End?", The Old Builders mention that after an entire competing team is eliminated, all Competitors in the team are sent to the quartz mines in the Nether.
- Zombie Pigmen
- Other Nether Mobs
- Endermen (rarely in normal Minecraft)
- Wither Skeletons
- The Order of the Stone (Group)
- Jesse's Gang
- Sebastian and Other Miners
- Some Competitors
- Each block traveled in the Nether is the equivalent to 8 blocks in the Overworld, thus making a trip across the Nether a quick and efficient way to reach far places in the Overworld.
- In Minecraft, there are very small chances for an Enderman to spawn at the Nether.
- The Nether is based on Hell.
- Therefore, the biome in regular Minecraft is "Hell" in the Nether.
- In "A Block and a Hard Place", Jesse has the option to call this one of the "weirdest places in the world" even though the Nether is its own world.