- "I'm done letting you make me feel bad. I prefer to feel good, and I'm going to feel real good when I send you two to a place where you'll never see the light of day. Ever. Again."
- —Romeo to Jesse. src
Romeo, or more commonly known as "The Admin," is the main antagonist of Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2. He first appeared in "Hero in Residence" and is mainly voiced by Jean-Benoît "J.B." Blanc. (When disguised as Jesse, he's voiced by Jesse's voice actors, Patton Oswalt and Catherine Anne "Cat" Taber.)
Romeo's Colossus form is made out of prismarine and has glowing turquoise eyes. He is extremely tall, as shown when he towers over Beacontown.
His Snowman form appears to be a snowman, but instead of a pumpkin head, he wears a top hat. He also has a blue coat with a light blue bow tie, and an ice block for his bottom half.
Romeo's true form has red hair, redstone-like clothing that glows, grey skin, and glowing eyes with yellow pupils and red scleras.
Romeo is able to read Jesse's - and presumably any other person's whose hand is trapped in the Prismarine Gauntlet - mind and communicate with them telepathically. He is also somewhat mentally unstable, as noted by Jesse in "Giant Consequences". He is very capricious and erratic sometimes, as seen when he wanted the Sunshine Institute to burn to the ground simply because Jesse did not obey him when he tried to pit him against Jack/Petra. He is also childish in some points, as seen how he taunts Jesse when going to attack him in the Prismarine Colossus form and how he thinks that he can make friends by tricking other people.
Romeo believes that those with power (or the strong, as he believes Jesse and himself to be) should rule over everything, while the weak (such as Radar and Jack, in his opinion) should be trampled underfoot. He believes that he should only make friends with the "strong" and that his "friends" should absolutely agree with his opinions, as seen when he tried to force Jesse to believe in his logic of the strong and the weak and when he wanted Petra/Jack to prove their loyalty to him by attacking Jesse. Romeo is often seen in search of a champion and often posts many challenges for them, such as the Sea Temple, the Icy Palace of Despair, and the Challenge Room in Romeoburg.However, he is willing to support those who, while not skilled, share his views, such as Stella.
Although Romeo usually appears to be near-heartless, it is revealed in "Below the Bedrock" that he simply wanted to keep the Admins together. He also feels guilty after murdering Fred and chose not to kill Xara, so he still has good intentions and guilt for his acts.
Romeo is shown to have incredible powers as an Admin. However, according to Xara, Fred, the third Admin, discovered that Romeo's powers can be taken away by entering the "word of passage", #POTATO451, at the primary terminal.
- Flight: Romeo can fly, making it easier for him to reach high places.
- Super-strength: Romeo is exceptionally strong, which was shown when he destroyed an area of the roof of the sea temple with a single blow in his Prismarine Colossus form and destroyed the arena platform for Jesse versus Petra/Jack.
- Telekinesis: Romeo can mentally maneuver objects as well as people. This was displayed when he made Jesse, as well as his/her friends, float up to him, and when he created a platform by pulling apart pieces of the Sunshine Institute for Jesse and Petra/Jack to battle on.
- Omnificence: Romeo is omnificent, which means he can create his own mobs, such as a Giant Ghast, Icy Golem, Prison Slime, Icy Ender Creeper, Icy Spider, Creeder, Prison Zombie, Prison Golem, Prison Spider, Giant Enderman, Giant Magma Golem, and Prismarine Foe.
- Limitless constructions: According to the runes in the Sea Temple, Romeo built the world. He can also build anything instantly, as he created his Icy Palace of Despair instantly. He also created himself a body to be a colossus. The Warden even called him an "endless source of building brilliance."
- Clothing generation: Romeo can create clothing for himself and others, which was presented when he altered the clothing of the Warden and changed Jack's/Petra's clothing.
- Teleportation: Romeo can teleport himself, as well as others, and objects to any location he requires, as seen when he teleported Jesse and Jack/Petra to the Sunshine Institute and teleported the "guests" and zombies away before appearing in the Zombie Mines.
- Shape-shifting: Romeo can shape-shift to fool people into thinking that he's someone else, as shown when he took the form of Vos, a Prismarine colossus, a snowman, and Jesse. As well as taking people's appearance, he can take their voices. Strangely enough, when he took Jesse's appearance, the voice has a small robotic undertone. That did not seem to happen when he took the appearance of Vos, the colossus, or the snowman.
- Indestructibility: Romeo is indestructible, as shown when he wasn't harmed by the swords Jesse and Petra/Jack used to attack him. He even said that swords in general can't hurt him.
- Telepathy: Romeo can talk to people telepathically whose hands are caught inside of the Prismarine Gauntlet. He can also possibly read their thoughts.
- Mind control: Romeo can control two or possibly more entities at the same time. This was shown when he controlled his snowman while in his Vos form.
- Electrokinesis: Romeo can strike entities with a red electric shock. This was shown when he struck Petra/Jack when Jesse was supposed to battle Petra/Jack if the player did not attempt to attack the opponent (Determinant).
- "I PLACED EVERY BLOCK YOU EVER STOOD ON, AND I PROMISE, I WILL PLACE THE BLOCKS THAT COVER YOUR GRAVE!"
- —Romeo threatening Jesse. src
- Romeo: "WHY HELLO."
- Jesse: "Uh, hi!"
- Romeo: "DIE, NOW."
- —Romeo & Jesse talking. src
- "STAND STILL!... HMM. WELL DODGED!"
- —Romeo trying to kill Jesse. src
- "OH, DEAR! IS THERE A LEAK IN HERE? MUHAHAHAHA!"
- —Romeo. src
- "YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD JUST RUN AWAY FROM THE ADMIN?"
- —Romeo to Jesse. src
- Jesse: "Go, go! I'm right behind you guys!"
- Romeo: "ARE YOU? REALLY? WHAT A DANGEROUS WORLD, JESSE. YOU ARE SO TINY, AND THERE IS SO MUCH DISTANCE TO COVER. ALSO... YOU KNOW, ME. MWAH-HA-HA!"
- —Jesse and Romeo while Jesse's gang was trying to swim away to safety. src
- "Jesse. Slayer of the Wither Storm. The Old Builders' downfall. This world's champion. This world's mightiest hero. The most worthy. Worthiest in all the land."
- —Romeo to Jesse telepathically. src
- "GREETINGS, TINY PEOPLE. I... AM THE ADMIN. SORRY, THAT WAS PROBABLY REALLY LOUD TO YOUR PATHETIC, TINY EARS."
- —Romeo to the Beacontowners. src
- "DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT ME, JESSE?"
- —Romeo before his colossus form is defeated. src
- "CONFIDENCE: THE MARK OF A TRUE HERO. AUGH... WELL... FOUGHT... MY... CHAMPION."
- —Romeo to the victorious Jesse. src
- "Uhh, yeah? I mean, with the smashing and the punching and the crazy do or die plans to protect the little people. Unbelievable."
- —Romeo to Jesse. (Determinant) src
- "You think you've got it all figured out, don't you?"
- —Romeo after Jesse/Jack attacks him. src
- Jesse: "Why are you doing this? What do you want from us?"
- Romeo: "Why? Why?! Because it's fun, obviously. Why, this is gonna be epic!"
- —Romeo revealing that his challenges are just for fun. src
- "Wouldn't want you cheating, of course. I don't like rule-breakers."
- —Romeo to Jesse's gang. src
- Jesse: "And who exactly made you the judge?"
- Romeo: "Um, my near infinite power? I thought that was obvious."
- —Romeo arguing why he got to judge everyone and revealing that his power is only "near-infinite." (Determinant) src
- "Okay, no, no, no, no, no, no. This is all wrong people, wrong. You're not suppose to help each other; the losers are supposed to lose! You don't get it! I'm trying to separate the diamonds from the gravel here. Rubbish. Gets. Dumped."
- —Romeo to Jesse's gang. src
- "Oh, Jesse. Jesse, Jesse, Jesse. I just don't understand you... letting your friends go? Radar? Huh, he clearly wasn't supposed to make it, despite you dragging him along. Losers are supposed to lose, Jesse."
- —Romeo through the fake Vos. (Determinant) src
- "But it hasn't all been to waste, no, no, YOU might not be worthy... Technically Petra/Jack here was the winner. Oh, don't get me wrong, there are quite a few flaws we'll have to work through, but we'll get there. In time."
- —Romeo before giving Petra/Jack the Prismarine Gauntlet. src
- "What?... What?!"
- —Romeo being insulted by Jesse. (Determinant) src
- "Oh, oh, you are a smart cookie, Jesse. Of course I am!"
- —Romeo to Jesse after transforming from his disguise. src
- "Your attitude, on the other hand? Oh, well... there's nothing that hurts more than broken hopes. I made this for you, just for you, and how do you repay me? You cheated! How could you do this to me?"
- —Romeo to Jesse. src
- "No, not the whole time you nitwit, the real Vos would never have survived in my sea temple that long. I am disappointed, Jesse, you obviously just don't have what it takes to really be my friend, my partner, such a pity, such a waste."
- —Romeo to Jack and Jesse. src
- "I hope you're learning how to be a cooperative champion... You are all here, to be reminded of your potential. And I hope you will see it in yourself, as I do. Because if you don't... well... we'll cross that bridge if we come to it, 'ey? In the meantime, demonstrate your cooperative potential, and you just may become the ultimate champion!"
- —Romeo's voice recording in the Mush Room. src
- "Hello, guests and associates! Admin here with a reminder: helping others will only drag you down. Losers are supposed to lose. Say it with me now: Losers are supposed to lose. Right. Let that be your watchword. Good day!"
- —Romeo's another recording in the Mush Room. src
- "Oh, of course. Of course it's Jesse. Why am I not surprised?"
- —Romeo to Jesse. src
- "It's not enough that you disregarded all the rules in my Icy Palace of Doom, tried to upset the delicate order of the Sunshine Institute... Now you're trying to disrupt the therapeutic benefits of my zombie mine? What gives?"
- —Romeo after finding Jesse causing trouble in the Sunshine Institute and mistakenly calling his Icy Palace of Despair "Icy Palace of Doom." (Determinant) src
- "Augh... All I asked you to do is fight your friend to the death and you can't. Even. Do. THAT?"
- —Romeo to Petra/Jack after they attempt to defeat him. src
- "After all... everyone loves Jesse, right?"
- —Romeo right after transforming to disguise as Jesse. src
- "Stella is just the beginning. Your other friends will fall in line, too. Lukas, Axel, Olivia... all of them. Don't worry, I'll take good care of Beacontown."
- —Romeo (disguised as Jesse) before leaving the Sunshine Institute with Stella. src
- "Run, run, run, Jesse, as fast as you can. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!"
- —Romeo (disguised as Jesse) at the epilogue of Episode 3. src
- It was confirmed that Jean-Benoît "J.B." Blanc voices Romeo.
- He also voices Romeo's other forms. His Jesse form is confirmed to be first voiced by Blanc and then Patton Oswalt and Catherine Taber, the voice actors of Jesse.
- It was confirmed that Romeo can control multiple entities at once.
- Romeo was one of the 3 Admins (along with Xara and Fred), as mentioned by Xara.
- Xara also mentioned that she and Fred fought Romeo "for control of the world" and lost, and that Fred was killed during the fight.
- Romeo is also the only Admin who still has his powers.
For all images related to Romeo, see Romeo/Gallery.
- ↑ http://stirpicus.tumblr.com/post/167555782446/so-if-the-admins-were-having-an-argument-and-then
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://stirpicus.tumblr.com/post/164728731166/does-the-admin-have-powers-to-be-in-2-forms-at-the
- ↑ http://stirpicus.tumblr.com/post/164599234426/i-love-that-the-admin-goes-from-big-scary-statue
- ↑ http://stirpicus.tumblr.com/post/167633381926/do-patton-oswalt-and-cat-taber-voice-admin-jesse