- In "The Order of the Stone", Jesse can craft a stone sword on a crafting table using a stick and some cobblestone owned by Petra. Later, when Jesse's gang enter the Temple of The Order of the Stone, Jesse can choose to craft either a bow and arrow or a fishing rod using sticks and other crafting materials.
- When instructed to craft the stone sword, Jesse may chose to craft a lever instead. If Jesse does this, he/she will grab another stick and cobblestone in order to craft the stone sword.
- In "A Block and a Hard Place", Ivor will give Jesse three diamonds in order to craft one of the Command Block Tools of his/her choice. Jesse will also use three sticks to craft them, which were left over from crafting a lever earlier.
- In "Order Up!", when Jesse approaches Milo in Sky City, he/she can see him trading sticks with another citizen. Later, if Jesse visits Build Club (determinant), then Milo will give him/her his sticks in order to craft some ladders.
- After Jesse's Gang break into the Founder's Palace, Jesse destroys a dead bush to obtain a stick, allowing a lever to be crafted.
- In "A Portal to Mystery", Petra gives Jesse five stacks of sticks in order to craft some ladders. Petra explains that she obtained the sticks through a nervous habit -whittling- which involves crafting wood blocks into sticks.
- In "A Journey's End?", if Petra dies during the Lava Race (determinant), two Sticks can be seen in her inventory. These sticks were possibly left over from when she helped Jesse craft ladders in "A Portal to Mystery".
- In "Giant Consequences", when Jesse's Gang find Lluna on the other side of iron blocks in the Lava Room, they decide to try to mine through it with a diamond pickaxe. Lukas will give Jesse two sticks and Jack gives him/her three diamonds.
- In "Jailhouse Block", Stella gives Jesse a Stick and Cobblestone to craft a lever in the zombie mines, the lever will be used later on to open the gates to Cellblock X.
- In "Below the Bedrock", Jesse can break two dead bushes to obtain sticks, which can then be used to create a painting canvas for Wanda in Fred's Keep.
- If Jesse does not use the sticks, he/she is accosted by Wanda as he/she is leaving the keep and gives the items to Wanda.
- In Minecraft, if you break a dead bush, it will drop 0-2 sticks.