- "Shears. Definitely taking these. Never know when I might need to shear some sheep."
- —Jesse. src
Shears are tools that appear in Minecraft: Story Mode.
Shears are used mainly to shear sheep to obtain their wool. They can also be used to shear blocks of leaves.
- In "The Order of the Stone", Jesse takes shears from a chest in his/her treehouse.
- He/she can later use these to shear sheep for their build at the EnderCon Building Competition.
- In "Jailhouse Block", Anthony gives The Warden shears with the intention of making Jesse shear Geoff.
- Even though Jesse takes shears and uses them, they do not appear in his/her inventory at EnderCon or later in the game. This is possibly because they broke after shearing the sheep.
- If the player does not make Jesse collect wool, he/she still has it to build with.