Redstone Dust is a material found in Minecraft: Story Mode. It is used to create circuits that can activate machines, serving as a "wire."
- In The Order of the Stone, Olivia places some Redstone dust on some wood telling Jesse about one of her contraptions.
- In Assembly Required, if Jesse goes to Redstonia and decides to craft the Redstone Repeater, the Old Farmer Man will give Jesse some Redstone Dust.
- In A Block and a Hard Place, while trying to activate the barge, Jesse finds Redstone Dust inside of a chest. Jesse uses this to craft a Redstone Block.
- Also, inside the Witherstorm's body there is a lot of purple-coloured Redstone Dust.
- In Access Denied, inside Harper's Secret Laboratory, Jesse uses Redstone dust to craft a Redstone torch.
- Although Jesse only uses Redstone Dust twice, it is seen very often throughout the game (Olivia, Ellegaard, Redstonia, etc.).
- Inside the Wither Storm, there appears to be purple-colored Redstone covering the floor.
- If the Old Man gives Jesse some Redstone Dust, Jesse will make a crack about getting "dust from a random old guy", possibly referring to an illegal drug.
- In Minecraft, Redstone Dust also acts as additive to extend the duration of potion effects. It can be supposed that Ivor uses it in his potions considering he "uses only the best ingredients".
- In regular Minecraft, the distance of Redstone signal is limited to 15 blocks so that further transmission requires Repeaters. This limitation is present in Episode 2 Redstonia side.
- However, in Episode 7, the TNT chain is only connected through Redstone dust and the signal is still transmitted all the way.
- In Episode 7, there are Redstone Dusts travelling up blocks in Crown Mesa, which is restricted in regular Minecraft.