- In "A Block and a Hard Place", Soren and Jesse find a prismarine shard inside Ivor's cottage. Soren mentions that The Order of the Stone once owned several others, but used them to craft a sea lantern. Later, Jesse uses it to solve a puzzle inside Ivor's cottage.
- In "Order Up!", several prismarine shards can be seen on display inside the Order Hall.
- In "Hero in Residence", Jesse used prismarine shards and prismarine crystals to craft a sea lantern.
- Jesse also has the choice to craft a block of prismarine with prismarine shards. If Jesse does this, Petra will become angry and craft the sea lanterns for Jesse herself.
- In "Giant Consequences", The Admin drops several prismarine shards when the Prismarine Colossus form is defeated.
- The people of Beacontown can later be seen rebuilding with blocks of prismarine.
- In Episode 4, Jesse incorrectly refers to the prismarine shard as "prismarine crystals", which are also used to craft sea lanterns.
- The Order of the Stone once gave their remaining prismarine shard to Ivor, along with several other treasures to prevent him from revealing their secrets.
- Upon taking the prismarine shard, Jesse comments that "Prismarine is such a cool word."