In Minecraft: Story Mode, six types of potions appear:
- Potion of Invisibility
- Potion of Leaping
- Potion of Slowness
- Potion of Swiftness
- Potion of Harming
- In "The Order of the Stone", Jesse and Axel find the Elixir on a stand in the area below Gabriel's keynote.
- In "Assembly Required", during the fight with Ivor, a potion of invisibility, potion of swiftness, potion of harming, and potion of slowness are used.
- In "A Block and a Hard Place", Ivor uses a potion of harming to kill skeletons.
- In "Order Up!", Ivor gives Jesse the choice between a potion of invisibility, potion of swiftness, and potion of leaping.
- Ivor also seen using a potion of harming in combat.
- In "Access Denied", Ivor allows Jesse to pick between one of the two potions he/she did not pick in Episode 5.
- In "A Journey's End?", Ivor will either use his last remaining potion, the only potion the player did not take, in a last ditch attempt to save himself when rescued from Spleef, or the last potion will be seen in his inventory after his death.
- Ivor is known to be a potionologist, and is an expert with brewing and enchantments.