This page contains information on a feature which is in Minecraft. Please visit the Minecraft Wiki for more information on the topic.
A block of Packed Ice in Minecraft
The Order of The Stone (formerly)
- Jesse: "So where'd this Packed Ice come from?"
- Soren the Architect: "We brought it back from the Ice Plains Spikes biome. It was colder there than anywhere we'd ever been -- but Magnus slipped so many times, our laughter kept us warm."
- —Jesse and Soren in Ivor's Cottage. src
Packed Ice is a block in Minecraft: Story Mode. They can only be found and obtained in the rare Ice Plains Spikes biome.
- In "A Block and a Hard Place", Soren and Jesse find a block of packed ice inside Ivor's Cottage. Soren explains that it was originally obtained by The Order of the Stone when they visited the Ice Plains Spikes biome in the Overworld. Later, Jesse uses it to solve a puzzle deep inside Ivor's Cottage.
- The Order of The Stone once gave the block of packed ice to Ivor along with several other treasures to prevent him from revealing their secrets.
- In Minecraft, packed ice will not melt when placed near a light source.
- In Minecraft, any non-full block placed on top of packed ice will have the same slipperiness effect as the packed ice.
- However, if Soul Sand is placed on top of packed ice then the packed ice will amplify the slowness effect of the soul sand instead of making it slippery.
- In Minecraft, packed ice can only be obtained by mining it with a Pickaxe enchanted with Silk Touch.
- A member of The Order of Stone must have used a Silk Touch Pickaxe in order to obtain the block of packed ice.
- In Minecraft: Pocket Edition, packed ice will spawn as the windows in Igloos.
- Upon taking the packed ice, Jesse will say "Ooh -- cold! And slippery."