Nurm is a cartographer villager. He wears a green hat with a black stripe and a white feather stuck into it. He has a gold belt and cuffs.
Nurm does not talk much, but he is very intelligent, being "the genius behind all of their fine maps," and can read the runes in the Sea Temple. Unlike Jack, Nurm believes in the existence of the Admin genuinely.
Nurm can get scared in dangerous situations, but he trusts Jack and is daring enough to go adventuring with him. As an exception, he does fight in "Jailhouse Block," when he uses two iron axes to fight hostile mobs. He is willing to sacrifice himself for others, shown in "Jailhouse Block" when he offers to stay behind in the prison so Lluna can leave.
Nurm cares for Jesse, as they can hug in "Giant Consequences" and "Jailhouse Block," and he volunteers to stay behind in Cellblock X so Jesse and Lluna can safely leave the Sunshine Institute. He is also loyal to him/her, as he can obediently stay behind to protect Beacontown when Jesse’s gang leaves. Nurm trusts Jesse with his life, as he jumps off a conduit filled with lava and believes that Jesse can catch him in "Jailhouse Block."
Nurm is close with Jack, and they understand each other. They enjoy adventuring and taking care of their emporium together with each other's companionship. In dangerous situations, Nurm depends on Jack, and Jack, in turn, protects him.
Being Jack's only remaining old friend, if Nurm is not left behind in Xara's cell, Jack continues to care for him and states at one point that there was no way Jesse would leave Nurm behind for "some llama." If Nurm is left behind in Xara's place in her cell, Jack mourns over Nurm being left behind and vows to get him back, and he occasionally takes out his anger on Xara and Lluna. Eventually, Jack is glad and very comforted to reunite with Nurm.
Although the real Vos and Nurm are never seen interacting with each other, before Nurm went to the Sea Temple with Jack and Sammy and the real Vos died, they were said to be friends. Unlike Jack, however, Nurm does not seem to be traumatized by Vos' death.
It is also possible that Jack met Nurm after adventuring to the Sea Temple with Vos and Sammy, as Nurm had to introduce himself in front of the fake Vos, and he was not surprised that "Vos" didn't immediately recognize him after being freed.
Much like Vos, although they were never seen interacting, it is possible that Sammy was friends with Nurm before she died in the Sea Temple many years ago. However, unlike Jack, Nurm wasn't traumatized after Sammy's death.
Nurm and Petra do not mind each other's company. Petra, apparently, has learned Villagerese in order to communicate with Nurm , and Petra and Nurm are talking to each other while meeting up with Jesse, Jack, and "Vos."
Even though Lukas and Nurm do not interact, Lukas and Nurm do not seem to mind each other's company.
Same with Lukas, even though they do not interact much, Radar and Nurm do not seem to mind each other's company.
Nurm has been shown to care for Lluna when he volunteers to stay in Xara's cell so that Lluna can go with Jesse, and he is very upset if Jesse leaves Lluna behind instead of him. Unlike Jack, Nurm is often dejected due to Lluna being left behind. When Lluna came back, Nurm is relieved to see her safe and hugs her.
- "There some kind of problem out here?"
- —Nurm to Jack according to the script for "Hero in Residence.". src
- —Nurm meeting Jesse and Petra in the script. src
- —Nurm. src
- Two Iron Axes (Determinant)
- "Hero in Residence"
- "Giant Consequences"
- "Jailhouse Block"
- "Below the Bedrock" (Determinant)
- "Above and Beyond "
- Nurm is the first named villager and the only seen villager by the player in Minecraft: Story Mode.
- Nurm and Jack own an emporium together, referencing regular Minecraft, where villagers can trade items.
- Nurm is thought to know other ancient scripts, due to him being able to read the runes in the Sea Temple.
- Nurm was confirmed to be a cartographer villager.
- In "Jailhouse Block," Nurm is shown backing away in fear from zombies, this is a reference to villagers in normal Minecraft fearing zombies.
- It is confirmed by Eric Stirpe that Nurm's vocal cords allow him to speak Villagerese only. 
- Nurm originally lived in Pur'gan-Gah valley until Jack visited and decided to join him on his adventures.
See the gallery for Nurm here: Nurm/Gallery
- ↑ http://stirpicus.tumblr.com/post/164280589261/sooo-petra-can-understand-villager
- ↑ http://stirpicus.tumblr.com/post/168517814216/when-recording-nurm-do-you-give-his-actor-a
- ↑ http://stirpicus.tumblr.com/post/163571830716/do-you-know-what-type-of-villager-nurm-is
- ↑ http://stirpicus.tumblr.com/post/163176952346/so-jack-can-understand-nurm-and-nurm-can
- ↑ https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/story-mode-season-2-trailer