The different types of Jesse's skins
|Gender||Player's choice (Male or Female)|
|Latest Known Status||Alive|
The New Order of the Stone
The Order of the Stone,
Lukas (Formerly & Determinant),
The White Pumpkin/Cassie Rose,
Fishing Pole Griefer (Determinant),
TorqueDawg (Determinant and Formerly),
Gladiators (Formerly & Determinant),
|First Appearance||"The Order of the Stone"|
|Latest Appearance||"A Journey's End?"|
- "Everyone's running away, except for you."
- —Gabriel the Warrior to Jesse after the unleash of the Wither Storm. src
Jesse is the playable main protagonist of Minecraft: Story Mode developed by Telltale Games, whose gender and look is chosen by the player. The male version is voiced by Patton Oswalt, and the female version is voiced by Catherine Taber. He/she first appeared in "The Order of the Stone". Depending on the player's choices, Jesse can be portrayed as a generally kind, caring, and loyal friend, or as a selfish, rude, and even greedy person who will do anything to get what he/she wants, like the Eversource.
Jesse's appearance and gender can be customized by the Player. Male Jesse wears a shirt and pants held up by suspenders, and female Jesse wears a T-shirt with overalls and a hair-clip.
Jesse's personality is mainly influenced by the choices made by the Player, however, he/she is generally kind and is very loyal to his/her friends, though can be very emotional and intense in some situations.
Depending on what the player chooses, Jesse is willing to do anything for his/her friends, and is extremely loyal and caring towards them, even if he/she chooses not to show it. He/she can be polite and try to get along with whoever he/she meets.
Jesse can also be generous, as shown when Axel gives the entire group cookies except for Lukas, Jesse can give him his/her cookie. Jesse can also choose to give The Eversource to the people of Sky City, as they need resources more than he/she does. He/she can also suggest that they and Cassie Rose, who was desperate to return home, share Jesse's Enchanted Flint and Steel.
Jesse can either be arrogant or humble at times. He/she can also empathize with others who mistreated him/her, such as when TorqueDawg, who, moments after meeting him/her started to insult him/her and his/her friends, is killed in a trap, he/she can empathize with him. This can also be shown when Cassie Rose, who was a serial killer with a very tragic backstory, was supposedly killed in her own trap, Jesse can say that, despite the fact that she had done some terrible things, no one deserves to be trapped away from home like she was.
However, Jesse can have a very a snarky and rude attitude as well. He/she can also be harsh towards anybody, even his/her friends and even his/her own pet pig, Reuben. In Episode 5, however, Jesse may grow more selfish and greedy in his/her quest to find the Eversource and can even become more ruthless and hostile towards anyone who gets in his/her way. Jesse can also show that he/she is also capable of letting others die without showing any remorse. Jesse can also show no concern for the safety of his/her friends and can accuse someone for a crime with little to no evidence, even if they are innocent. He/she can also argue with his/her friends if they disagree with him/her or question his/her leadership.
Jesse can show immense hostility towards Lukas and Ivor. He/she may have trouble trusting Lukas and will sometimes get into arguments with him. Jesse also, understandably can have trust issues with Ivor, presumably because he created the Wither Storm and scammed Petra on a deal.
Regardless of the player's choices however, Jesse does truly care for his/her friends, even if he/she chooses not to show it, as shown when he/she is visibly upset when Reuben dies, is shocked speechless if Aiden pushes Lukas off the edge of Sky City, is clearly horrified when his/her friends are presumably killed in the White Pumpkin's trap and when Lukas and Petra/Ivor are seemingly killed by Nell, Jesse is enraged and brutally attacks her, not knowing that they respawned.
- Command Block Tool/Weapon (Temporarily)
- Enchanted Diamond Sword (since episode 5 until episode 8)
- Enchanted Diamond Pickaxe
- Enchanted Flint and Steel
- White Pumpkin
- Eversource Crown (from Sky City)
- Ender Pearls
- The Redstone Heart (a.k.a. PAMA's heart)
- Flint and Steel
- Portal Atlas (Temporarily)
- Stone Sword (Temporarily)
- Enchanted Shield
- Other crafting items
- Enchanted Diamond Axe
- Tim's Armor (Temporarily)
- Gold Sword (Temporarily and determinant)
The list below shows the victims that Jesse has killed:
- The Wither Storm
- Numerous Hostile Mobs
- Reuben (Pig) (Indirectly)
- Magnus the Rogue/Ellegaard the Redstone Engineer (Indirectly)
- Some Yellow Team Competitors (Determinant, but they respawn)
- Hadrian (but he respawns)
- Mevia (but she respawns)
- Nell (Determinant, but she respawns)
- Slab the Immovable (Indirectly and determinant, but he respawns)
- One Red Team Competitor (Indirectly/Directly, Determinant, Respawn)
Jesse was killed by Mevia with two Diamond Axes, but due to the 'respawning' rules, Jesse soon lives back in the respawn zone without his/her gears.
Death (Restart Part of Game)
- Hostile Mobs
- Splash Potion of Harming
- Wither Storm
- Fall Damage
- Arrow of Poison
- The White Pumpkin
- PAMA (Made useful)
- Petra (Chipped)
- Lukas (Chipped)
- Mind Controlled Citizens (Chipped)
Jesse can also die by failing to avoid dangers. The Screen will go red, and the game will restart from the last save point.
Reuben was Jesse's pet pig. Jesse was very close to Reuben and cared for him like his/her best friend. Reuben also felt the same way about Jesse and would go to great lengths to ensure he/she is in no harm. When Reuben dies, Jesse is heartbroken and can't get over it. Reuben's honor remains in the New Order of the Stone's home.
Olivia and Jesse are best friends. They lived together in a treehouse with Axel, and the three of them work as a team for most tasks. Olivia is a very insecure person, and she often confides in Jesse for help with this anxiety.
Axel and Jesse are best friends. They lived together in a treehouse with Olivia, and the three of them work as a team for most tasks. Axel is happiest when all the things he considers awesome is also considered awesome by Jesse.
- "In a single day, you went to the Nether, you killed a Wither Skeleton... I mean, I DID build a super-cool statue, but still--it's pretty sweet being you, huh?"
- —Jesse to Petra in a cave. src
Petra is one of Jesse's best friends. Though it's unknown how they met, they have known each other for a long time. At first, Petra finds Jesse annoying, but soon, they become allies, and help each other. Soon, she becomes a member of Jesse's Gang and helps them fight the Wither Storm. Petra also confides in her secrets to Jesse showing she strongly trusts him.
- "Aw, come on. He's super funny and he makes me laugh."
- —Jesse to Petra about Ivor. (Determinant) src
In the beginning, Ivor and Jesse were enemies. But when Jesse finds out that Ivor is not a bad person, their relationship becomes much more stable as they become good friends. Jesse also thinks that Ivor sometimes makes him/her laugh. (Determinant)
- "You're a good friend, Lukas. The fact that you're always thinking about others...It says a lot."
- —Jesse to Lukas in Ivor's Secret Lab. (Determinant) src
In the beginning, Lukas unwillingly was Jesse's enemy. However, later on Lukas teams up with Jesse's gang against the Wither Storm. Through his/her actions, Jesse can either become close with Lukas, or not so. In Episode 8, if Jesse successfully gets Lukas' journal back, Lukas will ask Jesse to choose the ending. If Jesse chooses "...And he/she couldn't have done it without his/her friends." Lukas will close the book and say "You know something, I really like that." finishing the book and leaving their relationship on a glorious high.
Jesse and Harper have been seen being good friends. Jesse said Harper's cool in his/her book. (Determinant) He/she has said she's been pretty cool (Determinant). Harper even helped Jesse and the gang to get home. Jesse also offered for her to come with them. (Determinant).
At first, Jesse and Emily weren't good friends, but later, Emily wanted to help Jesse. And when she betrayed Jesse, she didn't mean to. Jesse also calls her, "an awesome person." (Determinant) Jesse can choose to offersher to come with him and join Jesse's Gang. (Determinant)
Before Jesse found out that Lukas and Petra/Ivor were going to respawn, he was enraged at Nell and can choose to attack her. Later when Nell shows Jesse her wheat farm their relations improve. Their relations can strengthen if Jesse chooses to work with Emily and/or choose to save Nell later on. (Determinant)
Otto always seemed to want to help Jesse win the Games. He said he was really impressed. He was also really happy when Jesse won the Lava Race. (Determinant). He also got the gang home.
At first, Slab hated Jesse for cheating in Spleef. Jesse's actions in the future will determine this relationship: Angering Slab by talking to Sebastian and making them late to see Hadrian or calling him a big lug will mean Slab will still hate him further. However, if Jesse's actions are "real considerate of him," then Slab will seem kinder towards him and will join the group in the last battle before finally giving Lukas back his journal.
Jesse used to see them as his/her heros and mentors, looking up for them. If the player chooses to go after Magnus or Ellegaard, this greatly improves their relationship. If Gabriel is saved, this greatly improves their relationship as well. After Jesse finds Soren at the end, he/she seems happy to meet him, but after the truth is discovered, he/she is really disappointed. Even after this, Jesse feels that they were good mentors to him/her, but his/her opinion changes much for them.
- "I'd have to go with the giant chickens. Not because I want to or because I think it would be easy, but because they would be an abomination."
- — Jesse to Olivia. (Determinant) src
- "He's my wingman. People always wanna talk to the guy/girl with the pig."
- —Jesse to Olivia. (Determinant) src
- "But if that's the case... it means we win at being losers."
- —Jesse to Olivia. (Determinant) src
- "I don't wanna die!!!"
- —Jesse falling off the bridge if he/she chooses to fight. src
- "Don't touch my pig!"
- —Jesse telling Lukas to stay away from Reuben. (Determinant) src
- "All pigs but Reuben shut up!"
- —Jesse. src
- "I don't know when; I don't know how; but some day, far in the future, when you're least expecting it... we WILL get our revenge."
- —Jesse threatening Aiden. (Determinant) src
- "Intriguing? Ivor, what ever do you mean by that?"
- —Jesse talking to Ivor. (Determinant) src
- "Well, Ghasts are OFFICIALLY crossed off my to-see list."
- —Jesse. src
- "Can you throw up, like, inside your body?"
- —Jesse. src
- "Axel, you'd think a poisonous potato was awesome if it had TNT strapped to it."
- —Jesse to Axel. (Determinant) src
- "A bow? In a cannon fight? Axel! There are all sorts of clichéd lines about this!"
- —Jesse to Axel. src
- "Flying pig jokes are totally played out."
- —Jesse To Magnus. src
- "Okay. Reuben, it's time for a game of... Super Pig!"
- —Jesse launching Reuben. src
- "Ah, what can I say, me and redstone just, you know, speak to each other"
- —Jesse to Olivia.
- "I never wanted to be a hero... but I'm willing to do the heroic thing."
- —Jesse to the group. (Determinant) src
- "Yeah, good point. Let's just sit here and sing songs instead. First song is called, "How We Gave Up At the Finish Line.. Because of Lukas.""
- —Jesse being sarcastic to Lukas. (Determinant) src
- "Well, maybe that is a lot of pressure for just a person and a pig. But we have to find a way."
- —Jesse to Reuben. (Determinant) src
- "Well... and they made fun of me, when I deserved it. But that's how we are."
- —Jesse referring to his/her friends. (Determinant) src
- "My hero, Reuben the pig. He may have seemed like just a pig to most people... but he was so much more."
- —Jesse referring to Reuben. (Determinant) src
- "Well, well, well. If it isn't Aiden and the Pussycats."
- —Jesse to Aiden and his group. (Determinant) src
- "Dude, why are you being such a tool?"
- —Jesse to Aiden. (Determinant) src
- "Gotta go fast."
- —Jesse. src
- "Can't stop what you can't see."
- —Jesse. src
"Ahh, my old friend, the lever."
- "Hey! Cats suck!"
- —Jesse to Cassie. (Determinant) src
- "Don't worry Petra, we're gonna stop the white pumpkin way before he can hurt anyone else, it's gonna be fine."
- —Jesse to Petra (Determinant)
- "Heeere kitty. Here you pain-in-the-butt kitty."
- —Jesse to Winslow. (Determinant) src
- "We're a team. We all go together."
- —Jesse to the group. src
- "You better keep away from us, or I'll make you hurt in places you didn't even know existed."
- —Jesse to griefers. src
- "LET GO! We're all just a bunch of happy mobs, right? LET GO!"
- —Jesse to the mind controlled monsters. src
- "Fight it, Petra/Lukas. I need you to help me fight PAMA."
- —Jesse to Petra/Lukas while inside PAMA. (Determinant) src
- "Well, I'm Jesse, and we're the Order of the Stone. Boom!"
- —Jesse introducing his/her Gang to the Mind Controlled Citizens. src
- "Gravel?! GRAVEL?! That's worse than dirt!"
- —Jesse talking at The Walls. src
- "I did it to save you guys, that's what this has been all about!"
- — Jesse to his/her friends. (Determinant) src
- "I hate you."
- —Jesse quietly saying to Facemeat. src
- "We can do this together!"
- —Jesse giving a speech to the competitors. src
- "Please, pretty please let them go?"
- —Jesse to Facemeat. (Determinant) src
- "The point is... shut up and let me talk."
- — Jesse to Em. src
- "You killed one of my best friends. I don't care about your compliments and I'm DEFINITELY not your 'brah.'"
- —Jesse to Nell (Determinant) src
- "Someone once told me... Teamwork makes the dreamwork."
- —Jesse, quoting CaptainSparklez. (Determinant) src
- Jesse is the only character in Minecraft: Story Mode that has two voice actors, since the character has two different genders (chosen by The Player), while other characters have one.
- In "A Block and a Hard Place" if Jesse chooses to eat the potatoes he/she (indirectly) mentions that potatoes are his/her favorite food.
- In Episode 1, if Jesse goes back to save Lukas, he/shementions that his/her motto is "No man left behind."
- In "Access Denied", if Jesse chooses not to deactivate PAMA, he/she will be attacked and killed by Petra/Lukas, PAMA will then be shown smiling. link here
- In "Access Denied", there are several chances of death which shows "You have been made useful!" instead of "You died!" if Jesse gets caught by PAMA.
- However, if Jesse is killed during the battle with PAMA, the message will say "You died!" instead.
- Jesse is currently the only unisex character in Minecraft: Story Mode.
- Telltale left an easter egg to this, when TorqueDawg states that Jesse is a boy's/girl's name, depending on the gender.
- Isa has near-striking resemblance to the white female Jesse.
- In "A Journey's End?", once Jesse is killed by Mevia, and when he/she respawns, this is the first time, ever since episode 3, that we see Jesse without armor.
- It is revealed in "A Journey's End?" that Jesse is ambidextrous, meaning he/she is able to use both of his/her arms equally (attack with sword with the right, mine with pickaxe on the left).
- Jesse has, by far, the most allies in Minecraft: Story Mode as a whole.
- Jesse has almost every skill for different groups - builder, griefer, redstonist, architect, and warrior.
- The only group Jesse doesn't have a skill for is the mage/potionlogist group.
- In episode 6, "A Portal to Mystery", Jesse's portrait in a few shots can show the white male Jesse without armor, no matter which Jesse and which armor you have.
- Curiously enough, this means that portrait picture was designed when Jesse could not have lost his/her armor.
- Jesse appears in every episode title-card, except for "Assembly Required"'s title-card.
- Ivor, The White Pumpkin (or Cassie Rose), and PAMA have all commented on Jesse's tenacity during his/her struggles to survive in the game:
- In Episode 2, Ivor, before fighting Jesse and Petra/Gabriel, has commented on his/her tenacity, through it is misleading his/her path.
- In Episode 6, The White Pumpkin calls Jesse "Incredibly Tenacious."
- In Episode 7, PAMA calculates that Jesse's bravery and tenacity are impressive qualities.
- Jesse is one of the clumsiest characters in the series, managing to drop/lose the amulet multiple times, fall over multiple times, and drop items such as the Command Block Weapon and the Enchanted Flint and Steel.
- Jesse is the one of the characters that has never contracted Wither Sickness.
- Jesse is one of the few characters who appear in every episode of Minecraft: Story Mode.
- In Access Denied, if Jesse suggests that Petra is 'losing her touch' after confronting a chipped zombie, she will punch him/her.
- Jesse has, by far, the most aliases in total in Minecraft: Story Mode. This is most likely because he/she will be called something different depending on their gender.
- There's a single voice error for Jesse in episode 5 when talking with the Guard who protects the garden in Sky City.