- "Yes, it is I! Your friend Ivor..."
- —Ivor reuniting with Jesse. src
Ivor is a main character and a false antagonist in Minecraft: Story Mode. He is a disgruntled former member of The Order of the Stone. He is voiced by Paul Reubens. He first appeared in "The Order of the Stone".
Ivor has slick black hair, a long beard and wears an olive green coat and pants. He also wears a belt with a lapis lazuli gem on it. In one of the flashbacks, he was shown to have armor with an olive and blue tinge to it. He also wore fingerless gloves and gold boots. He also wears a white tank top with blue and white striped boxers under his "adventuring clothes" as shown in Episode 8.
Ivor, at first, appears to be grumpy, impatient and arrogant. In earlier episodes, Ivor was shown to be a shady man with a grudge against Gabriel and the Order of the Stone, and since he created the Wither Storm, he was thought to be the antagonist.
As the story progressed, however, the truth about the Order of the Stone was discovered and Ivor's true motives were revealed. He redeems himself by helping Jesse defeat the Wither Storm by giving Jesse the enchanted book. He also finds Jesse's group and warns them about the Wither Storms following the Amulet. He also shows remorse when he finds out that Jesse had Gabriel's Amulet and thus, the Wither Storms were following him/her.
Ivor has since become a supporting character who accompanies the New Order of the Stone on their adventures, now he is on good terms with them. He is shown to be much more excitable, but is still very eccentric and thinks himself to be greater than the "lower" community, as shown when he tells Jesse, "I won't be threatened--Not by the likes of you." But he is still deeply concerned for his friends, but mostly denies it. He is even directly responsible for saving Jesse's life in Sky City by pushing him/her out of the way of some Ghast's fireballs. He also grabbed Jesse's hand when the two fell off a waterfall (if the player doesn't grab the vines in time).
- "Ivor's awesome."
- —Jesse to Petra about Ivor. (Determinant) src
In the beginning, Ivor and Jesse were enemies. However, when Jesse finds out that Ivor is not a bad guy, their relationship becomes much more stable and they become good friends. Jesse also thinks that Ivor sometimes makes him/her laugh. Ivor also shows compassion for Jesse by helping him/her when in trouble, even saving his/her life at one point. He also shows a lot of care for Jesse through him returning when he heard of Jesse cannot be found on the surface and not realizing the Admin was the fake Jesse but “helped” him to kill the “imposter” which was the real Jesse.
- "Yes, though she can be impulsive and fly off the handle, Petra's survival instincts are very sharp."
- —Ivor about Petra. (Determinant) src
Petra and Ivor do not have a good relationship with each other. As of Episode 5, Petra is the only person who still holds a grudge against Ivor. Throughout the episode, Petra is constantly angry at him and disliked Ivor's idea of getting arrested to get in the palace, so she did not go with him. In Episode 6, Petra appreciated Ivor volunteering to watch over Lukas.
- "But don't go getting any funny ideas, blond guy! This isn't because I like you or anything."
- —Ivor to Lukas, when he decides to watch over Lukas. src
At first, Lukas and Ivor weren't shown interacting, but due to Ivor scamming Petra on a deal, Lukas presumably held a grudge against him. However, when the truth about the Order and Ivor's true motives were revealed, Lukas' opinion about him changes. Since then, they are shown to have a basic, yet positive relationship. Ivor also volunteers to help Lukas in Episode 6, showing he cares about him as well, though Ivor denies he does. When Ivor appears without his "adventuring clothes," Lukas finds his appearance funny and says he can't take him seriously looking like that, which Ivor responds to by saying his outfit breathes wonderfully.
Ivor was the fifth member of The Old Order before they disbanded. In "Above and Beyond", he says he wants to "heal the rift" with them, after everything he's done.
Ivor is shown to respect Harper. He empathizes with her, possibly because they both have a similar history with both their creations going out of hand. He even calls her an "intriguing person". In episode 8, Ivor may have developed an interest to Harper, as he kept the rose from her laboratory.
The list below shows the victims that Ivor has killed:
- Numerous Hostile Mobs
- Reuben (Indirectly)
- Magnus (Indirectly, determinant)
- Ellegaard (Indirectly, determinant)
- Wither Skull (Temporarily)
- Ender Crystals
- Elixir (Formerly)
- Lava Bucket
- Lapis Lazuli
- Snowball (Formerly)
- Enchanted Flint and Steel (Resultant)
- Portal Atlas
- Pumpkin (Temporarily)
- Redstone Chip
- Amulet (Temporarily)
- Smoke Bombs
- Enchanted Diamond Sword
- The Order of the Stone
- Assembly Required
- The Last Place You Look (No Lines)
- A Block and a Hard Place
- Order Up!
- A Portal to Mystery
- Access Denied
- A Journey's End?
- "I would wish you good luck, but luck won't carry you through the Nether. "
- —Ivor to Jesse's Gang. src
- "If you won't leave of your own volition, I'll happily remove you myself!"
- —Ivor to Jesse's Gang. src
- "This isn't about the past! It's about the future!"
- —Ivor to Soren. src
- "If he REALLY wanted you to not like us he would have told you about the Witherstorm--"
- —Ivor to Reginald, before Lukas interferes. (Determinant) src
- Woman: "It's a fire hazard!"
- Ivor: "And your face is an ugly hazard. So, I suppose we're even."
- —Ivor arguing with an unknown woman. src
- "Long live my Lava House! Long live lava!"
- —Ivor about his new house. (Determinant) src
- "Show our friends the door, will you?"
- —Ivor to his Iron Golem. src
- "These trees are enormous! I love it so much!"
- —Ivor when walking to the temple. src
- —Ivor to an unknown sky city citizen. src
- "Oh, I don't run so good anymore. Bad, eh, bad knees."
- —Ivor to the gang. src
- "Something touched my foot! Who touched my foot?"
- —Ivor upon the kitchen lights blacking out. src
- "They're absolutely exquisite! Perfect!"
- —Ivor when looking at his portrait. src
- "What a strange, strange bunch of individuals."
- —Ivor upon the departure of the YouTubers from Episode 6. src
- "And that's where she wanted US to end up."
- —Ivor upon Cassie Rose being trapped. src
- —Ivor breaking the fourth wall in A Portal to Mystery. src
- "I must say that woman has been the most intriguing person so far. I'm still not entirely sure what to make of her. Granted, her creation nearly ended up destroying this world... But, considering my own history, I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt!"
- —Ivor, talking about Harper. src
- "What I thought that Harper might want it back.......or maybe I'll just keep it..."
- —Ivor to Jesse when going though everyone's inventory, and finds a flower. src
- "I... ugh... I couldn't have done it without you is what I'm trying to say. Really not a fan of admitting that."
- —Ivor thanking Jesse in the Competitor's Village. (Determinant) src
- "Team Jess-vor has this one down! Or it is team I-seee?"
- —Ivor to Jesse in the Dormitory. (Determinant) src
- "Shut up! My outfit breathes wonderfully!"
- —Ivor regarding his rather undignified appearance. (Determinant) src
- Lukas: "Have you seen what Ivor is wearing?"
- Ivor: "I said- SHUT UP!"
- —Ivor and Lukas after Jesse returns to Competitor's Village. (Determinant) src
- "Oh, snap!"
- —Ivor to Jesse. (Determinant) src
- "Not my fault!"
- —Ivor to a townsperson about his lava house. src
- —Ivor. src
- Isa: "After so long being "The Founder" and "The Eversource" now we can just be "Isa" and her best friend... Benedict."
- Ivor: "Ugh! That's a boy's name."
- Isa: "What a close-minded attitude."
- —Isa to Ivor about the Eversource's new name. src
- Ivor: "Look, my Wither plan obviously backfired."
- Olivia: "Ya think?!"
- —Ivor telling the downfall of his plan. src
- "I’m a ninja now, Jesse!"
- —Ivor to Jesse. src
- Ivor: "It all started when I fell through a portal into some sort of strange world. Everything was all white... Master Shadow's domain. He claimed he was a ninja master, a practitioner of the 'Shadow Arts.' At first I wanted nothing to do with him; he was a very suspicious character. But eventually, after a lot of uncomfortable eye contact, he asked me, ME, to be his pupil! I was confused at first, because he didn't exactly present his credentials or curriculum, but I'm always open to learning! I'm a student of life after all -- so I said YES! Before I knew I was punching trees, cleaning floors... All as part of my so-called 'training.' At first, it seemed pointless! But after I had punched a forest's worth of trees and cleaned miles and miles of floor, two things became clear... Sometimes, doing menial tasks can be an amazing way to learn martial arts. And sometimes, strange old men just like tricking people into doing their housework! Ha! Anyway, it all worked out because now I'm a ninja, and my newfound ninja skills help me find my way to you!"
- Petra: "Are you... are you done? Please? Please be done?"
- Ivor: "Ha! Yes! I suppose I'm doing a lot of talking! I just had a lot to say after all of that 'quiet and mysterious' business!"
- —Ivor explaining how he became a ninja. (Determinant) src
- Ivor is the first person to create a major antagonist, the Wither Storm, in the series.
- In Episode 1, when Ivor comes through the Nether Portal, Jesse has an option to punch him. Later, Jesse can apologize about punching him when his true motives are discovered.
- Jesse can also try to punch him in The Underneath, but Ivor, with his new ninja skills, will dodge it.
- Unlike the rest of the Order of the Stone, Ivor's skill is never mentioned. However, he is shown to be an alchemist/enchanter/mage due to his frequent usage of potions and enchantments.
- Ivor breaks the fourth wall in "A Portal to Mystery" by winking at the player and saying "Adventure!"
- In the Adventure Pass thumbnail, Ivor seems to have a second appearance with his armor, except with no helmet on.
- In Episode 7, after Jesse kills an unchipped zombie, Ivor's sword appears to be a stone sword from the one side and a gold one from the other.
- Based on some of his comments and his keeping of a rose from Episode 8, Ivor may have a romantic interest in Harper.
- This however, might have been purely platonic, and just a compliment to Harper.
- Ivor is seen without his "Adventuring Clothes" in "A Journey's End?". He appears to wear a white tank top and striped blue shorts, much to Jesse's (Determinant) and Lukas' amusement.
- Ivor is the only member of the Old Order who has appeared in all episodes from 5 to 8.
- Ivor says the very same thing the Narrator said in the beginning of Episode 1: "Nothing built can last forever." This is said to Gabriel when he is about to create the Wither Storm.
- In the Adventure Pass's advertising art, Ivor has his armor from Episode 1, but never has it on in Episodes 6, 7, nor 8. He has all of it on except for his helmet.
- Ivor was a member of the Order of the Stone who left/got kicked out due to the rest of the group's lies about the Ender Dragon.
- One of Ivor's favorite things is lava, as shown in his lava house and his lava "heart" in Sky City.
- Ivor is the only character to be in the Old Order of the Stone and the New Order of the Stone.
- Ivor is the only member of The Old Order of the Stone to appear in Season 2.