Enchanted Flint and Steel
Jesse holding the cyan set of Enchanted Flint and Steel
|Name||Enchanted Flint and Steel|
|Aliases:||Glowing Flint and Steel (in inventory),|
Toy (by Aiden),
Portal Key (by DanTDM),
Flintensteel (by Ivor)
|Owner (s)||The Old Builders (mentioned),|
The White Pumpkin (temporarily),
- "We have castles filled with chests, which are filled with flints and steels."
- —Hadrian to Jesse upon seeing the cyan Enchanted Flint and Steel. src
The Enchanted Flint and Steels (a.k.a. Glowing Flint and Steel or Portal Key) are Minecraft: Story Mode exclusive variants of the flint and steel that can be used to activate special portals, such as the Sky City Portal and Mansion Portal. They can also be used to create unique three block-high flames.
The flint and steels are known to be glowing types with different colors.
When struck, it makes a 3 block tall colored flame. It can be used to light up special portals.
- In "Order Up!", Jesse finds a set of cyan enchanted flint and steel in a chest in the Temple of the Old Builders.
- It can later be used to activate a portal to Sky City, and then re-used to ignite the other half of the portal.
- In "A Portal to Mystery", The White Pumpkin attempts to kill Jesse's Gang and the YouTubers to try to search for the enchanted flint and steel.
- In "Access Denied", when leaving Crown Mesa, Jesse uses the cyan set to activate the Crown Mesa Portal leading to The Portal Network.
- In "A Journey's End?", Jesse can choose to show the cyan enchanted flint and steel to The Old Builders, which makes them mention castles filled with Chests of them.
- The Old Builders (Created)
- Aiden (Temporarily)
- DanTDM (Formerly)
- Stampy Cat
- The White Pumpkin (Temporarily)
- Cassie Rose (formerly)
- Hadrian mentions there are castles in many worlds that have flint and steels.
- The temple might be one of the "castles" he mentioned.
- In "Order Up!", Jesse will always find the enchanted flint and steel inside the Temple of the Old Builders regardless of which chest he/she chooses to open.
- The color of the cyan enchanted flint and steel appears to resemble diamond, while the color of the green set appears to resemble emerald.
- The green enchanted flint and steel could possibly light a green flame.
- When an enchanted flint and steel is used to light netherrack on fire, it will burn forever unless extinguished, just like in Minecraft.
- In Minecraft, it is possible to enchant regular flint and steel with the Unbreaking and Mending enchantments, however, this is not the same as the enchanted flint and steels found in Minecraft: Story Mode, as mentioned by Olivia.
- As shown near the end of "A Portal to Mystery" as well as in Minecraft, the enchanted flint and steel can also be used as a weapon.
- Jesse uses it to set the White Pumpkin on fire, as well as fling it into the air.
- It is unknown if there is a separate set in Crown Mesa in "Access Denied".
- If there is, it could be a red one that resembles Redstone and would possibly light a red flame.
- It was confirmed by Hadrian (determinant) that The Old Builders own chests full of enchanted flint and steels, possibly one for each portal in the Portal Hallway.