Okay, so recently, the first 3 episodes of Minecraft: Story Mode just came out on Netflix, I watched it, and man does it bring back so many awesome memories! There were a lot of major changes to the series here, and I'll go over some of them.
- Numerous of new scenes were added to the episode, some that replaced the parts where we had to freely walk around or do puzzles, which is a neat touch.
- New dialogues are added, replacing ones with mild swear words.
- Unlike the original game, Petra acts as your guide in the beginning similar to the "Craft Your Story" videos officially by Telltale Games.
- A lot of Jesse's dialogues that were supposed to be chosen to say in the original game are automatically used.
- Shadows are added as well.
I think it is very nice that Petra acts as our guide, instructing us to choose either male or female Jesse to play as, and to choose what Jesse says. I also find it adorable and actually nostalgic! You know why I find it nostalgic? Remember the "Craft Your Story" videos that Telltale Games had done with Petra and Jack? I personally do because of her talking to US about the choice we make and also THANKING US for saving her! Petra really does have a soft side after all, which is another reason why I absolutely love Petra in the first place!
The episode itself just brings back my childhood memories, and it still does! I still remember the storyline, the characters, the dialogues, and the moments, giving me flashbacks to every single one of them each time something reminds me of the game I played when I was in my early teenage years! Even just then, I still have my terrible memory of Petra's Wither Sickness affecting her, which still hurts thinking about it. I HATE that moment so much! UGH! In fact, I got nightmares of that, eventually AND IMMEDIATELY developing PTSD. This is because I suffer from hypochondriasis, fear of diseases.
I absolutely love the Netflix remake of the original game, and it looks so much better than the original game! In fact, thank goodness I don't have to hear swear words anymore! I highly recommend it to anyone who loves Minecraft and wished that a Minecraft series would be in Netflix! :)